วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 19 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2555

Sony BRAVIA DAV-X10 2.1 Channel Theater System Excellent sound and connectivity, but no headphone jack


Only from Sony, I got this thing on 12/24/07, hooked it up that day.
It does a great job up scaling the DVD. Crystal clear picture.
As for the sound, I think it sounds great for the size and number of speakers. Granted, it is not 5.1 surround. When listening to radio or a CD, the thing sounds great. Movies really come alive, you hear details your T.V.s speaker just wont produce. The subwoofer is strong, you can adjust the level to your liking unlike Bose, along with bass and treble adjustments. The simmulated surrond is okay for smaller rooms, like I said, it is not 5.1 surround. If you want that, go out and buy it. This is a great addition to any T.V. I have had no technical issues with this unit. It works as advertised. To me, It was well woth the price, all that with Sony quality. I did alot of research and this unit blows several $1,200 units out of the water for features and quality.
Pretty great but leaves you wanting more, I haven't tried everything this thing has to offer but after owning it for a week there are certain things I wish it did have.

Pros:
Good clean sound quality
Somewhat easy Setup
BlueTooth feature is AWESOME!!
Build Quality and profile are superb!

Cons:
Bass volume does not get nearly high enough
There is no HDMI inputs (only one HDMI output for the DVD player)
Does not integrate with brevia TV as great as they make it sound. It's fine but not anything to write home about. You could get this level of "integration" from any set
At loud volume, you hear a lot of white noise
The remote is still needed and cannot be consolidated with other Brevia remotes (you'll still need both for most functions)
Price is ridiculously high, and I only paid it for the form factor and the Brevia "integration" hoopla.


Overall: I am very happy with the unit, don't get me wrong, but I would not have paid nearly this much for it had I known ...


Update: Many years later, I still own this unit and still really like it. And I have to say, I don't know what I was thinking when I said the Bass volume doesn't get high enough, must have been setting something wrong at the time, because this thing has bass to compete with any home theatre.
Future machine form Sony!!!!, I bought this machine on ebay!!! for less money, and I am very satisfied with my puchase, this home theater is the future, it has a sensor finger touch bottons with light, wowww, and this 2 speakers sound like 5.
Excellent sound and connectivity, but no headphone jack, This is a very simple to install and great sounding system. Replaced a 5.1 speaker Harmon Kardon system and this unit sounds just as good or without all of the extras and speakers. The upscaling built-in DVD player is also a great feature. Beware: This unit sells for $599 from Sony and SonyStyle stores with free shipping (being discontinued in a couple of months according to SonyStyle store manager). I discussed this with Amazon, but they responded by raising the price and did not care that they have the highest price around. Shame on Amazon! Do Not: Purchase I-dock; system comes with a bluetooth receiver, buy the Sony compatible bluetooth adapter for Ipod (great price from Amazon). The Bad: Cannot connect standard headphones to the system; Sony will tell you to buy their RF enabled headphones to connect to the system.
Sony BRAVIA DAV-X10 2.1 Channel Theater System, Recieved my home theater system. price was great, delivery was timely, and the product is everything I had hoped for.
Overpriced but does most things well, Very visually appealing, but not much to this system.
It has radio function, but it's not even worth a bother because the reception is terrible (might be my apartment, but i really doubt it; the antenna sucks).
Audio is satisfactory, does what i expect from a top tier 2.1 system. Dont think that a very expensive 2.1 system will have as good of a quality as a much cheaper 5.1 system; go for the cheaper 5.1 system if you have the space.
I dont know about the dvd player though. I expected to see HD quality upscaling, but did not really see a very clear dvd. Maybe its just me and i need to see the side by side comparison. Or i may be just expecting upscaling technology to be more than what this dvd player does. But for now i will say the dvd picture quality is the same as a regular dvd player.
An HDMI audio in is missing and i am unhappy about that. At least it has optical audio.
Fine Piece of Technology, (What's this?) I bought the DAVX10 from Amazon after doing a lot of research on 2.1 systems.

  • Touch panel controls
  • BRAVIA Theater Sync via HDMI
  • 2.1 channel home theater system with S-Force Pro front surround
  • Digital media port
  • Single disc DVD/CD/SA-CD player

  • Touch panel controls.BRAVIA Theater Sync via HDMI.2.1 channel home theater system with S-Force Pro front surround.Digital media port.Single disc DVD/CD/SA-CD player. Sony 2.

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น