วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 12 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2555

Sony BDV-E580 Blu-Ray Disc Player Home Entertainment System (Black)


Great Sound, (What's this?) This system has the great sound and looks that I expect from a Sony product. However it does fall short on volume. Setup took me some time, but it all came together every nice and now its really easy to use. Also it should have include the HDMI cable. Overall I am enjoying the system.
Overall Great System!, I've had this unit for 2 months and have used it almost every day. Picked this up after researching for a couple weeks AND reading just about every review possible. Let me first say, I was looking at all the blu-ray surround brands and this Sony BY FAR looks the best (outwardly). All of the others are extremely glossy, weird shaped, or just plain goofy looking. And the subwoofers packaged with other brands is a complete joke, it's about the size of a shoe box! How could I explain something like that to my friends??

Hooked this up to my Sony 46" LCD, ran the setup, and whala - works great. It performed a system update right away as well. The system worked right away with my existing Sony TV remote.

The picture is AMAZING - blu-ray definitely makes the difference. Sound is great too. However, don't expect the sound to blow you away or make your bum shake...it won't. If you have a large room consider going with a component setup. Otherwise, this sounds great in our small apartment.

The system interface is very SONY looking, so if you've used a PS3 or newer Sony TV - it's about the same. Streams Netflix and Hulu Plus with no problem, and I like that it shows you real-time Mbps. I do wish that you can take out some of the apps...many are completely useless and it's a bit annoying to see them on your dashboard.

HDMI pass-through is GREAT. This was one feature that sets this unit apart from the others. I like the option to be able to run my laptop, phone (via mini-hdmi out), or XBOX 360 through the system. This makes it nice to only run 1 HDMI to the TV, and now all of my components can use the surround's sound instead of the crummy TV speakers.
Awesome System For The Price, (What's this?) I just got this thing hooked up a few days ago, and it is great. I had an RCA system with wooden speakers for about 10 years, and these plastic speakers actually come pretty close to the quality of the wooden ones. The one downside is that if you don't know anything about home theater or computers, the menu system may be a bit overwhelming at first. This is not an issue for me, but it may have been for some of the other reviewers that I see on here. It is actually the same OS that the PS3 uses, so if you can get around a PS3, you can get around this system. Here is my list of pros and cons:

PROS:
1. Great sound
2. Stylish system
3. Smallish speakers that still produce big sound
4. Tons of online functionality, including a great Netflix app, Pandora, etc.
5. Lots of customizeable options and settings
6. Uses the PS3 OS (For those of us who are familiar with it)

CONS:
1. Small, busy remote that can make some tasks tedious
2.
Buyer Beware, (What's this?) I bought this due to price and Sony brand. After installing, I had several problems:

1) DO NOT buy this device to use with a Harmony or smart remote. There is no code to select a specific input (i.e. HDMI1, Blu-Ray, etc) so the remote has to step through each input every time, and does not remember where you left off. Long story short, you'll find yourself hitting the "InputNext" button plenty of times.

2) I had several problems with this device booting up. Sometimes it would take as long as 20 minutes just to have it responding to remote commands. The only way to have it turn on properly would involve unplugging the unit. I talked with Sony the day after my unit arrived, and they wanted me to pay to send it back for repair (which I was able to get them to back away from with another phone call). I held off a few days on sending it in, and the issue appears to have resolved itself. I'm still not convinced either way, but time will tell.

If you're up in the air, do some extra research and read more of these reviews. I wish I had initially.
Great System at a Reasonable Price, (What's this?) I didn't know a lot about surround sound systems. I just knew I didn't want to pay thousands of dollars or have a system that was so loud that it drove me insane. I was also looking for WIFI so I could sream video.
The Sony was easily set up. The front display points slightly upward and is difficult to see but it has worked flawlessly. It connected via the HDMI cable with my Sony Bravia tv. The tv communicates with the system to adjust volume and to turn on and off. Because of this I can control everything including cable box with one remote. I still need another remote for watching a blue ray disk but that is all.
The Sony system has exceptional sound quality and a full sound without being obnoxious. I hear things I never would have heard with just the tv speaker. The system also has improved my High Def picture. There is know doubt that the picture quality has improved for all channels, high def or standard. This system also plays standard DVDs at a high def level so the old dvds look great.
If you're thinking about a surround sound but didn't want to pay alot, and were basicaly "on the fence" about it, this is the system that you will enjoy.
Great system!!!!, (What's this?) This is a preliminary review as I've only had the system a day. Got it all set up, it has wonderful sound and many many options.
Excellent Complete Home Theater System, I'm a component surrond sound system guy myself. However, after researching a complete system for my father for Christmas for some time, I settled on this one. I installed it on Christmas day and I must say, I was impressed. It has great sound, great picture, and a user friendly on screen interface similar to a Playstation, that I think my Dad can even figure out. Nothing else much more to say, great system for the money.
Disappointing quality, frustrating customer service, (
Very poor customer service center, (What's this?) Got the unit and found out that the IPOD adapter didn't work. I called the customer service number and talked to people based in Philippines. After three separate phone calls and a final call to customer relations department I was finally getting the IPOD adapter sent to me after I send them the defective one.
I will never never again buy a SONY product- even after I complained about the customer service the customer relations man did not care what had happened. If this is SONY corporate structure I see now why they are losing sales.
Defective by design, I purchased this unit just before Christmas 2011 at Costco. We needed better sound because flat screen TV's have horrible built-in sound. The price was great for this unit because of the fact that it doubles as a BluRay player. The trouble started shortly after setting it up. My complaints almost mirror the others found here:

1. The audio sometimes will shut off completely and the only remedy is to unplug the unit and plug it back in. Sometimes I have been able to power it off and back on again, and after the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th time the sound has come back but it seems that the fastest way is to unplug it. How often does this occur? Every single day.

2. The unit will freeze and all functions will be completely unresponsive. Again, the only way to remedy this is to unplug the unit and plug it back in. How often does this occur? At least 3 times a week.

3. Some DVD's will not play the dialog in movies, only the audio. There is no remedy for this, and may not be exclusive to this unit, but rather a problem inherent to the new draconian copy protection of BluRay. More research needed on this one.

4. The display on the front of the unit is pointing at the ceiling. I don't know about you, but I'm not 10 feet tall while sitting. Worse is the fact that none of the functions that you would normally see displayed on your TV while operating your remote like volume or surround settings show up only on the ceiling facing display. It is as if total morons designed the interface.

  • Enjoy amazing sound quality over a big area, thanks to uniquely designed speakers that provide a wider "sweet spot" than previous Sony Blu-ray systems
  • Plus get new apps delivered to you automatically, so your selection is never outdated and you are always connected to the best entertainment
  • Built-In Wi-Fi: Easily connect to the internet through your home's wireless broadband network
  • Sony Internet TV: Get instant access to must-have entertainment, including thousands of hit movies, TV shows, music choices, online videos and games.

  • Enjoy amazing sound quality over a big area, thanks to uniquely designed speakers that provide a wider "sweet spot" than previous Sony Blu-ray systems.Plus get new apps delivered to you automatically, so your selection is never outdated and you are always connected to the best entertainment.Built-In Wi-Fi: Easily connect to the internet through your home's wireless broadband network.Sony Internet TV: Get instant access to must-have entertainment, including thousands of hit movies, TV shows, music choices, online videos and games.. Experience Full HD 1080p Blu-ray Disc movies and powerful 5.1 channel HD surround sound with the integrated Sony BDV-E580 3D Blu-ray Disc Home Theater System. Wirelessly stream movies, TV episodes, music and live sports events from Netflix, YouTube, HuluPlus, Pandora, and more. Enjoy even more entertainment using the included iPod /iPhone dock or by connecting additional HD devices using the two HDMI inputs. You can even turn your iPhone, iPad or compatible Android phone into a versatile remote control with search functionality.

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น