วันพุธที่ 28 ธันวาคม พ.ศ. 2554

Panasonic SC-HTB15 Home Theater System


wish the bass work as well as clear-dialogue mode, (What's this?) I must say it is not what I expected.

YES:
the clear-mode dialogue works very well;
the setup is very easy;
design looks great;
different configurations are possible very good;

NO:
You really have to turn the volume up to 50(max:100) get the bass and yet it is not very strong (I have linked it with my panasonic plasma TV). To me it seems the bass is only selective, you will not hear bass at all in the voice. I have tried all settings to get the best bass result but not succeed. Anyway I might be wrong;
Remote can be a hassle - the key is you have to press and hold specific button and press again to switch among the settings;

Bottomline is you really need a sound 'processor' (simliar to a 5.1 soundcard) otherwise speakers are just speakers.
Would not work with my flat screen., (What's this?)
Only Half Functional With Optical Cable, I bought this item in part based on the great reviews I read on this site. The system is very easy to set up and looks nice with my television. The remote is rather small and easy to lose, but it works fine. However, my experience with the sound system is at odds with what others have reported. I find that the bass works rather well, but the regular speakers add nothing that I did not already have. In other words, without the bass, I could not tell much of a difference between my TV speakers (Sony 40" TV) and the Panasonic soundbar. Worse, I find that the voices are slightly harder to hear with the soundbar than they are with my regular TV speakers.

Although the system is supposed to automatically switch between different audio formats (dolby digital, DTS, and PCM), the system has been stuck in PCM mode from day one and has never switched despite watching movies with dolby digital sound. You can manually switch to the other two modes, but the system automatically switches back to PCM mode after only a few seconds.
Very good sound bar for the price, Except for one small caveat (as other reviewers have already noted), the Panasonic SC-HTB15 sound bar speaker system is an excellent addition to improve your TV sound over stock speaker. Oh, and those on a budget. ^_^;

I like the fact that speaker can be set up either as two separate or as one single bar-type depending on how your TV is set up. Set-up is pretty straight forward. You use supplied screws to attach the speaker to either stand for left and right speaker or use connector to create single bar-type. Attach the thin white speaker cables to speaker and then decide if you will use either HDMI (ARC) or optical cable to pipe in the sound. If your TV has neither then you may have to do work around.

I have small living room so setting up surround sound system with dedicated receiver will be an overkill for me. Once hooked up, I compared the TV sound and the Panasonic sound and by golly, I am glad I bought this system.

Of course, some people may not agree with me where sound is concerned but if you're happy with the sound then that's what count.

Lastly, if you buy the speaker at Costco, it already comes with both optical and HDMI cable thrown in free.
Best one yet., I have a Sony soundbar (SS-MCT100), a Yamaha soundbar (YAS-71) and, now, this Panasonic. The Panasonic is the best of the three. The sound separation is amazing, dialogue is clear and not muffled by sound effects or music. The volume is also superior to the Sony and the Yamaha (with the Yamaha being superior to the Sony). Hookup, to a Vizio 42-inch edge-lit LED, was simplicity itself. As the Vizio does not have an ARC HDMI, I used an optical sound cable (which came in the box, as did an HDMI cable). I am also running a Samsung BluRay DVD and a Roku XD box though it - with the same excellent results. Total set-up time: about eight minutes. (And I'm no wiz at these things.) After programming the Panasonic into the Vizio remote (use code: 31275),I put the Panasonic remote into a drawer. Last but by no means least, the Panasonic is considerably slimmer than either the Sony or the Yamaha which means it doesn't get in the way of the television's remote signal receiver. Plus, the Panasonic soundbar can be split into two and used as separate speakers on either side of your television (or hung on the wall either side of the television). I paid $199.00, on sale, at Costco.
Worked well with Panasonic tv, (What's this?) When consider buying a home theater or speaker set, Panasonic was not my first choice. In the end I decided to go for SC-HTB15 mainly because it would probably go well with my Panasonic plasma tv. And it does. This 2.1 system is a big improvement over the built-in tv speakers; sound feels deeper and richer. Panasonic Vera-link works as advertised; i can turn on/off and adjust volume with my tv remote or cable remote. For $221 I think it is a worthy investment(most other major brand sound bar or 2.1 systems run from 300 to some over 1000). Some downsides of this otherwise great product:
1. HTB15 requires a HDMI, or a HDMI cable plus an optical cable if your tv does not support latest HDMI-ARC feature. Neither cable is included in the box, and I had to run off to nearby electronic store to find cables, which added another $40 to the total cost.
2.
Panasonic SC-HTB15PP-K For The Win!, (What's this?) I purchased (2) of these for (2) different computers that I own. I have a Home Theater PC and my wife has a computer in her home office. Both of our motherboards (ASROCK Motherboards with REALTEK AUDIO) have a built in OPTICAL OUTPUT. I simply purchased (2) OPTICAL CABLES here on Amazon.com and hooked them directly from my PC to this unit. Simply stated, the sound is AMAZING. The speakers are quite thin but extremely clear with no real audible distortion! Much like everyone elses review(s), I was quite impressed! I am able to tweak the audio output even more because the REALTEK AUDIO output on my motherboard has a graphic equalizer. Simply amazing sound is all I can say! It is well worth the price I paid for it.
Pros and Cons, pros:
The system is easy to set up. Sound is clear. Works with my comcast cable box remote. 3d pass.

cons:
The bass could be better. There is only 2 hdmi inputs.

Summary:
Overall this is a decent unit with clear sound and decent features. Only draw back is that there are only 2 hdmi inputs but this review is mainly on the sound performance of this system.
Very good soundbar for the price, (What's this?) I bought this sound bar for a Samsung D8000 LED TV in a large bedroom. I looked at the Samsung sound bars but the reviews were not as positive and I like the options Panasonic provides for placement as independent vertical speakers on stands or as a horizontal bar. I also wanted a wired sub-woofer because of issues I've read about wireless subwoofers cutting out (not Panasonic's, in particular, but I didn't want to worry about this). I actually ended up using my speakers as two separate horizontal speakers rather than a bar, which just works better for my setup and I get a little more separation of the left and right channels. The speakers are also barely noticeable. By the way, everything connects through the subwoofer unit, which contains the amplifier and the controls, including the remote sensor. If you want to hide the subwoofer somewhere that will be blocked and/or inaccessible, this could present a problem, depending on how well you can control the system through your TV. In any event, the subwoofer is fairly attractive and unobtrusive, so I don't mind having it beside the chair. When I first connected the system to my TV using the HDMI ARC connection, the sound was definitely better than the sound from the TV's speakers but it was lacking something.
In a word: AMAZING. It's like being in the Theater, Customer review from the Amazon Vine™ Program (What's this?) The Panasonic SC-HTB15 Home Theater System made watching movies at home better then going to the theater (no parking hassles, no lines, no expensive tickets, popcorn or sodas... and no more battling strangers for the arm rest).

I connected it to our 42-inch 3D Sony Bravia television via HDMI. I tried a couple of configurations with the speakers, first as a single "sound bar" in front of the set, then as two separate speakers set vertically to each side. I prefer the second arrangement.

Set up is fast and easy. It took me about 10 minutes from opening the box to listening to the system.

The system comes with a small remote control, however, we do not use it because we can operate volume from our cable remote. It does this automatically. When we turn on the TV, the Panasonic system is detected and replaces the built-in Sony speakers.

It really does make the room shake when viewing a program in Dolby Digital. And it does really "sound" like surround sound.

  • Two HDMI inputs/one HDMI output
  • Powerful down-firing subwoofer
  • 3D Compatible
  • Clear Mode Dialog
  • 240 Watts

  • Two HDMI inputs/one HDMI output.Powerful down-firing subwoofer.3D Compatible.Clear Mode Dialog.240 Watts. Clear-mode DialogClear TV Sound Reproduction With clear-mode dialog, the voice will sound more from the center of the TV display. With more precise linking between the picture and the sound, the dialog voices and vocals in movies and music can be enjoyed with clearer sound.

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น